The aim of this unit is to offer several suggestions and indications on how to present Charles Dickens as one of the most popular authors of English literature to a class.
The topics discussed should be used as points of departure to develop a further analysis of the authorís life, works, historical background and main themes.
Teachers and educators; students at the first year of secondary high school.
- to sketch the figure of Charles Dickens by offering information about his life and his literary achievements
- to provide a bibliography of his works for further readings
- to place the author in his historical context
- to make students read some extracts from two chosen texts by Charles Dickens
- to suggest post-reading activities
- to give a final assessment for teachers