Explaining GMO : ethics and economics relationships
LENGTH OF LESSONS : 3 periods (50 minutes/period)
GRADE LEVEL: >19
SUBJECT AREA : Biology, Genetic, Ethics, Law, Economy
DNA and RNA structures;
DNA and RNA functiones;
- protein synthesis;
- recognize regulation of GMO and power of profit-making companies.
- recognize power of profit-making companies.
- identify the effects of GMO patents.
- recognize risks and opportunities of GMO crops resistant to pesticides.
- identify gene flow between GM plants and landraces.
- identify risks for biodiversity.
- suggest agricultural practices faced growth of world population.